OK, it turns out there's an easy way to install Audacity[...]. I showed you the hard way already. Now let's take a look at the easy way.
- Go ahead and open a terminal by starting the file manager (located under the Work tab) and selecting "Open Console Window" from the Tools menu.
- Now type "konqueror" to bring up the KDE file manager/web browser. If you want to avoid entering your password down the line, try typing "sudo konqueror."
- Select Applications
- Select System
- Select Synaptic Package Manager
- Under Settings, select Repositories
- Click add and enter "deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main"
- Click the Search button and enter Audacity, GIMP, or any other program you're looking for.
- Click on the check box next to the program you want to install and select Mark for installation
- Click Apply and you're all set.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Using synaptic on the eeePC
Using synaptic on the eeepc: