Rstudio is an editor for the R statistical programming language which can be installed on windows, mac and Linux. See my post explaining R setup under Debian.
- TAB auto complete object names
- F1 on a function name shows the help page of that function
- F2 on a function name jumps to the code where that function was created. I found this key so useful that I decided to created this blog post.
- CTRL+W close a tab
- CTRL+F find and replace text
- CTRL+SHIFT+F find in all files in a directory (like grep), then click on results lines to jump in the files
Explore dataIn the environment window, click on a data frame to view it then click on filter to filter the data frame according to various criteria.
Create pdf or html reportsWhen editing a markdown .Rmd document, the pdf or html report can be generated with CTRL+SHIFT+K.
Create a packageThe R packages book by Hadley Wickham explains how to create R packages. Useful short-cuts when working with packages:
- CTRL+SHIFT+B build the package
- CTRL+SHIFT+D generate documentation
- CTRL+SHIFT+T run devtools::test()
Vim modeVim mode can be activated under Tools / Global options / Code. Enter command mode with ":" and ask for ":help". I use primarily the following keys:
- jklhw$ggG navigate text
- iaoA enter edit mode to insert text
- Escape return to navigation mode
- v select text
- ypP copy selected text and paste
- d delete
- /nN search